Franziska Unger was born in Heilbronn and studied Architecture in Dresden. She is working as an architect and visual artist under the pseudonym tanpopo. Her work consists of music videos with found footage as much as experimental film projects and graphic design. Her work has been shown in numerous festivals and galleries including Cannes, Videodox, Münzenberg Forum Berlin and won several awards.
She is part of a director´s duo Apocalypse Delight with Camille Tricaud. They are together holders of the Media Arts Scholarship of the Kirch Stiftung for the year 2020. „Apocalypse Airlines“, their first film, won the Short Tiger Award (Next Generation) at the Festival de Cannes 2020.
- 2020 Cannes (German Films – Short Tiger Next Gneration Award)
- 2020 Filmschool Festival (Climate Clip – Award 1.Price)
- 2019 VIDEODOX Videokunst Biennale – Galerie der Künstler
- 2019 Foresight Filmfestival (Publikumspreis Apocalypse Airline – Audience Award)
- 2018 Exhibition: CoMA Container of Modern Art – Atelierstr. 4 – München